Highfield Healthcare is a 313 bed private Psychiatric Hospital group established since 1825 and based in Dublin, Ireland providing specialist care in the following areas:
- Adult Psychiatric Admissions
- Psychiatry of Later Life
- Enduring Mental Illness
- Dementia Specific units
- Nursing Home
They employ over 370 staff and is continuing to grow and advance and has earned itself a reputation of being Ireland’ s leading specialist old age Psychiatric and Alzheimer’ s facilities providing the highest standard of care in a unique setting.
They are on the ‘preferred providers’ list for both the Irish Government and private medical insurance schemes.
If you application is successful you’ re there to make a difference. Your growth will be encouraged with educational options and your curiosity will be supported to explore new professional avenues.
The accommodation at the Private Hospital comprises of:
- Spacious bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities
- Walk-in showers
- Superb dining, lounge and quiet areas
- Specialist bathing and shower facilities
- Televisions in all rooms
Highfield Hospital is a purpose-built facility which offers both residential and short-term care and support for a wide range of age related mental health issues. As a mental health approved centre, registered with the Mental Health Commission, Highfield Hospital is dedicated to providing all its residents with the care, dignity and quality of life they deserve.
- NMBI (ABA) registration paid for or refunded for suitable applicants.
- Work as a healthcare assistant (pre-registration nurse) at a rate of €11.60 per hour while you await your PIN or want to improve your English.
- Salaries paid based on experience as a nurse and will increase yearly up to 8 years, night duty is an extra €0.63c per hour and Sunday/Bank Holidays is time and a half with paid breaks.
- Flight to Ireland paid for up to the value €250
- Full meet and greet for all nurses on arrival
- Free housing provided for first 2 months
- Full assistance given in with Personal Public Service Number, tax, bank account etc.
- Full support network in place, independent from your employer.
- Excellent career progression opportunities in the elderly care sector
- Fantastic training and professional development programmes in place
- 20 days holidays + 9 Public holidays
- Subsidised meals
- Tunics provided free of charge (Pre-reg is a white tunic and staff nurse is a light blue tunic and black or navy trousers with flat black shoes)
- Access to mini gym
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Taxsaver discounted bus/train/luas scheme
- Access to ongoing training and funding provided where relevant
- Discounted social activities and health and wellness initiatives
You will have your own room with either ensuite or shared bathroom, shower etc. Shared kitchen with all appliances. Accommodation will be free for the first 2 months. After that it will be between €250 and €360 per month depending on the size of the room. Our accommodation is only available for nurses living alone.
New Staff will have a 2 week Induction period.
Induction Day 1
On the first day of Induction, staff will be required to be in from 9:30am – 5pm and on this day, staff will :
- Be met by the Training Administrator to officially start Induction
- Toured around the facility including staff Changing Rooms and Canteen
- Be introduced to the Line Managers and the unit they will be allocated for the 2 weeks Induction period
- Be assisted and introduced to Payroll to which staff will have an opportunity to discuss any concerns
- Be handed their Induction Booklet
- Be handed their Uniform
- Be asked to start reading policies and procedures
- Be given their roster for the 2 weeks
Induction Day 2 -14
- New Staff will be asked to work different shifts (day and night) on a supernumerary capacity and will be working alongside a more senior or qualified staff to enable them to observe acceptable practices in the Unit.
- During this period, Staff will be offered support from their Line Managers and will be given an opportunity to go through the Induction Booklet and highlight needs of individual staff taking into account their skill assessments and their suitability to a particular unit.
- Staff are going to be Inducted in one unit but may possibly be moved to work in another unit following assessment of their skills and suitability to a unit.
The PCQ understand that the first step to your dream position is good and accurate resume. We help with writing a CV, which will be directed to the position you are applying for.
We help candidates prepare for all types of conversations in order to enable the best representation of his candidacy prospective employer.
Our knowledge of the market in which we operate allows us to find suitable employment services to all our candidates.
We assist in the registration process in NMBI / NMC to all our candidates. We are in constant contact with both institutions, we will be able to prevent any delays and to obtain registration as soon as possible. We make sure that each of our candidates was collected from the airport on arrival by an employee of our company or employer. We also provide full assistance in the process of relocation for all of our candidates (the tax office, bank, etc.)